I wrote a piece for NRO that is up this morning describing why potential Republican presidential candidates should push for a monetary policy rule for the Federal Reserve.
For those NRO readers venturing to the blog, I would recommend these posts (in no particular order):
- The Stimulus Will Fail
- In Search of Monetary Stability
- Gold and Inflation, Again
- Money, the Money Multiplier, and Monetary Theory
- What Monetarism Really Wasn’t
- Is David Beckworth Crazy?
- Commodity Money, A Primer
- A Brief History of Monetary Disequilibrium
- Inflation is a Monetary Phenomenon, But This Isn’t Inflation